Terms and Conditions
JCPONLINE.COM.AU (THE “SITE”) IS AN INTERACTIVE ONLINE PLATFORM SERVICE OWNED AND OPERATED BY (“J C & P PTY LTD”), ABN 76 615 335 674 . PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, USERS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND ACCEPT WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS.
- USER REPRESENTATIONS: Users represent and warrant that: (a) they are at least 18 years of age; (b) they possess the legal right and ability to enter into a legally binding agreement with J C & P with respect to any Product purchased on the Site; and (c) will use the Site in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
- USER’S AGREEMENT: Users agree: (a) this Agreement is formed between J C & P and the User; (b)not to use the Site if the User does not agree with any Terms & Conditions of this Agreement; (c) to maintain all equipment required for their access to and use of the Site; (d) to maintain the security of their user identification, password and other confidential information relating to their J C & P account (“Account”); (e) to be responsible for all consequences resulting from use of their Account, use of their Account by others (including minors) or unauthorised use; (e) to notify J C & P immediately if Users become aware of any unauthorised use of their Account; and (f) that each username and password must be used by a single User and are not transferable.
- REGISTRATION: In order for Users to be able to access special offers and order history offered by J C & P on the Site, Users must register by completing their registration details in the manner described on the Site. J C & P reserves the right to terminate a User’s membership at any time if that User breaches these Terms & Conditions. Users must ensure that their registration details are true and accurate at all times. Specifically, Users must notify J C & P of any change to their registration details. Upon registration, Users must nominate a username and password.
- RESTRICTIONS ON USE: Users agree to use the Site solely for their own personal and non-commercial use. Further, Users agree not to (a) interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Site in any way, or use the Site in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other Users; (b) use the Site for any illegal purpose or in any manner that is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions; or (c) modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from the Site.
- MODIFICATIONS: J C & P reserves the right to modify these Terms & Conditions from time to time. Such modifications will be effective immediately upon publication on this Site. Continued use of the Site, or any of the materials contained on the Site, following such publication will be deemed a User’s conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
- EMAIL POLICY: It is assumed upon signing up that Users agree to receive emails from J C & P for the confirmation and registration of Products and for receiving information on offers (including via the J C & P newsletter). Emails are essential for confirmation and reservations will not be sent unless Users consent to receiving such email.
(a) Information about the Products on the Site is based on material furnished by suppliers, product manufacturers and/or Merchants. Users understand and agree that except as required by law J C & P cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to J C & P or a change in Product specifications without notice to J C & P.
(b) Users agree to make their own enquiries to assess information provided and suitability of the Products before an order is placed.
(c) Product images on the Site are for illustration purposes only and the actual Products may vary.
(d) All Products offered on the Site are subject to these Terms & Conditions of Use and also to terms, conditions, rules and/or limitations (“Specific Terms”). J C & P will use its reasonable endeavour to include the Specific Terms on the Site (including in relation to Products supplied by Merchants). To the extent there is any inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions of Use and the Specific Terms, the Specific Terms will prevail. Users acknowledge that by placing an order they agree they are responsible to inform themselves of the Specific Terms and to be legally bound by the Specific Terms of the Product.
(e) J C & P reserves the right to change, suspend or remove any Product offer or other information from the Site at any time.
(f) J C & P reserves the right to advise Users that Products for which an order was made have become unavailable.
(a) J C & P , through the Site, also markets Products (including Vouchers) on behalf of Merchants. In that instance, the Merchant, as the provider of the Products, shall be fully responsible for any and all loss, injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by or in respect of the User, caused in whole or in part by the Merchant or its good(s) or service(s).
(b) All Products supplied by Merchants are subject to availability. J C & P cannot guarantee that goods/services will be available to Users at their preferred date and time.
(c) Users agree to be legally bound to the Merchant terms, conditions, rules and/or limitations.
(d) Users agree that the Merchant may cancel or postpone any service booking made. Where a cancellation is made by the User, the Merchant may charge a cancellation fee.
(a) Once the User has placed an order for a Voucher, the User will receive confirmation of their order by email or via their account and their credit card will be charged for the purchase price of the Voucher.
(b) A Voucher will only be provided upon full payment for that Voucher.
(c) A Voucher can be a physical or electronic voucher, or code, or other such ticket or information which may be used for redemption, whether delivered by email or otherwise.
(d) The Merchant, not J C & P, is the provider of the good(s)/service(s) associated with the Voucher and the Merchant is solely responsible for honouring the offer.
(e) J C & P is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered as a result of a Voucher not being received due to an email being blocked by a firewall or spam filter operating on the User’s computer or where the incorrect address (including email address) was furnished.
(f) J C & P and/or the Merchant are not liable for lost, damaged or stolen Voucher.
(g) A Voucher cannot be sold or redeemed for cash or traded.
(h) All Vouchers are deemed void after the expiration date that was provided on the Site in relation to the offer and will not be honoured by J C & P or the Merchant. Expired Vouchers are non-refundable in whole or in part.
10. PRICING & PAYMENT: (a) all prices of Products are in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable; (b) all prices listed on the Site exclude delivery costs. Delivery costs, if applicable, will be charged separately on an order; (c) all prices displayed on the Site are subject to change without notice; and (d) all payments will be processed upon the completion of the User’s order and must be received in full prior to dispatch of Products or provision of Vouchers.
11. PLACING ORDERS:
(a) For the avoidance of doubt, the promotion and/or publication of Products on the Site or within any email correspondence that Users receive from J C & P does not constitute an offer from J C & P to sell to Users the Products. The promotion and/or publication of Products on the Site or within any email correspondence that Users receive from J C & P are an invitation to treat only.
(b) By placing an order for a Product on the Site, Users are making an offer and commitment to purchase a Product on the Product Specific Terms and otherwise on the terms and conditions set out in these Terms & Conditions of Use.
(c) J C & P reserves the right to accept or reject an offer to purchase a Product for any reason (or no reason) at any time prior to the dispatch of the Products. In the event J C & P cancels an order to purchase a Product or is unable to fulfill the order, J C & P will refund the payment received for that order by way of charge-back to the User’s credit card or payment facility. To the maximum extent permitted by law, J C & P will not be liable to Users for any other loss, such as any additional costs associated with the User purchasing the Product from another retailer at a higher price.
(d) Once the User has made an order to purchase a Product on the Site, the User cannot cancel or change that order.
Please note that from time to time a product that you order may be out of stock or deleted once J C & P goes to place that order with the relevant supplier. In this instance J C & P will try and find you a similar product and J C & P will provide you the option of either (a) receiving that similar product, or (b) receiving a refund from JC&P.
12. DELIVERY & SHIPPING:
(a) J C & P uses its best endeavours to ensure all Products are delivered within the stated timeframes for delivery. However, J C & P cannot provide guarantee that these timeframes will be met without any delay due to (i) factors beyond its control; and (ii) for Products provided by Merchants, Merchants are ultimately responsible for their delivery timeframes.
(b) Deliveries undertaken on behalf of J C & P will be done during local business hours (9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday) and Products will not be delivered to PO Box addresses.
(c) No personal pick up from J C & P warehouse is allowed irrespective of circumstances.
(d) J C & P is not responsible for the delivery times of Products. Once the Products have been dispatched, Users will need to liaise with the courier in relation to the date and time of delivery.
(e) Sellers will have their own shipping time frames and fees, which will be listed on the product description. Sellers may request extra shipping costs as a fixed surcharge of AU$33.9 for addresses that are remote areas defined by couriers.
13. TITLE AND RISK: The title and risk in Products that Users order pass to Users upon delivery.
14. REFUNDS/CHANGE OF MIND:
(a) Whilst Users satisfaction is priority for J C & P, we strongly recommend Users to choose carefully as J C & P does not refund or exchange simply because Users changed their mind.
(c) Other than as required by law, J C & P in some circumstances may provide a refund on credit in whole or in part on Products, including for the following circumstances: (i) where the Merchant has breached its contract with J C & P; (ii) the Merchant fails to supply the Product; or (iii) the Product was advertised at the wrong price.
(d) Any refund or credit is limited to the value of the Product purchased. If a user has changed their mind or mistakenly puts an order through the system. J C & P will not be responsible to offer exchanges for other products after purchase or order completion.
(e) J C & P will need to verify the details of the refund/credit request (including with the Merchant or Seller) and may also request further information from the User. The Users acknowledges and agrees that sufficient period of time may be required to investigate the matter.
(f) Sellers have their own policies and procedures in relation to change of mind returns. You must review your order carefully before placing it because change of mind returns are given at the sole discretion of each Seller and a Seller may refuse to refund or exchange Products/Vouchers for change of mind or errors a User made in their order.
(g) Please note that we may charge a minimum 10% cancellation fee on any cancelled order to cover our costs of handling the original order, handling the cancellation of the order and clearing any stock that has been supplier ordered for your customer order.
15. RETURN AUTHORISATION NUMBER: A Return Authorisation (“RA”) number is required for replacement Products and refunds. Where Customer Service has provisionally determined that a Product is defective, Customer Service will issue Users with an RA. Products cannot be returned without an RA. The Product should be returned to J C & P within 30 calendar days of the issuance of the RA. Where possible, all Products should be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that were shipped with the Product. If the accessories are not included, only a partial refund will be applied.
16. DEFECTIVE GOODS:
(a) The Australian Consumer Law provides certain guarantees to consumers when they purchase goods or services. These guarantees cannot be excluded, modified or restricted.
(b) Users are entitled to a replacement under warranty for a major failure. Users are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and it is not considered a major problem.
(c) If Users think that a Product is defective Users should contact the Customer Service Team on firstname.lastname@example.org and a J C & P Customer Service Representative will assist the User. A photo or video may be requested to assist with the assessment of the claim.
(d) If your Product/Voucher has a valid Seller or manufacturer warranty, you should contact the relevant Seller or manufacturer first in relation to any fault or defect, however, you may still contact us if required.
(e) Please note that our dispute resolution service is non-binding on Users and Sellers and is a process whereby J C & P will use its reasonable efforts to help facilitate a resolution between Users and Sellers. J C & P has no responsibility for: (i) any failure of a Seller to participate in the dispute resolution process; or (ii) a failure to resolve your dispute in a timely manner or to your satisfaction.
17. PROCESS FOR RETURNS AND REFUNDS
(a) When seeking a return on a product, please contact us via email@example.com and provide details of the problem including pictures and videos. Once the details are received it will be investigated by the seller or merchant that is responsible for the goods. Our staff will then advise you whether your product may be returned following a completed assessment by the seller or merchant responsible for the product. If a return is accepted a Return Authorisation and instructions will be issued on how to return your goods, with which you must comply. We will not accept the return of a product without approval from our Customer Service Team and the Seller or Merchant responsible for the product. Please note warranty periods vary between different sellers and merchants that list their products on the J C & P marketplace.
(b) Once an item is returned it will be inspected by the seller or merchant responsible for the goods and investigate any claimed defect or, where we believe it is applicable, provide a remedy in relation to your goods. If the seller or merchant does not believe a remedy is applicable upon inspecting your goods (for example, where the goods have been misused, or there was a failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, used it in an abnormal way or there has been a failure to take reasonable care), we will reject your claim and return your goods to you. You must cover the cost of return shipping in order to receive goods we have rejected on inspection, and we will provide you with instructions on how to make this payment.
(c) Refunds where applicable will be issued using the payment method used for purchase. Store credits will be issued to the account used to purchase the goods.
18. INDEMNIFICATION: Users agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless J C & P, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims, demand, suit, action or proceeding (including legal costs and expenses) arising out of the use of this Site and/or breach of this Agreement and/or Product Specific Terms by the User.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
(a) To the maximum extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), J C & P does not give any guarantee or warranty or make any representation of any kind relating to the Site, its contents and the Products advertised on the Site to Users or anyone else.
(b) To the maximum extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), J C & P excludes all liability to Users or anyone else for loss or damage of any kind (including consequential loss) relating but not limited to disruptions to the Site; errors/mistakes/inaccuracies on the Site; unauthorised access of J C & P secure servers and/or personal information and/or payment details; and damage to any computer system due to the use of the Site.
(c) J C & P liability will be limited to claims that cannot be excluded or restricted under any law (including Australian Consumer Law).
20. USE OF THE SITE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA: J C & P does not represent that the contents of the Site are appropriate or available for use in countries outside Australia. If Users choose to access the Site from outside Australia, Users are responsible for compliance with foreign and local laws.
22. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
(a) Unless expressly authorised under this Agreement or otherwise, Users cannot reproduce, adapt, modify, display, perform, distribute, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any material (or part thereof) from the Site (including logos, trademarks, brand features and source code) that is the intellectual property of J C & P or intellectual property that J C & P has permission to use.
(b) Users automatically grant J C & P an irrevocable and royalty free global license to use, copy, display or distribute the content of any correspondence or communication from Users. This may include public display of testimonials on the Site or using ideas or suggestions provided by Users to improve Products/Services J C & P offer.
(a) This Agreement and any operating rules for J C & P established by J C & P constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder is a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement and the remaining portions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The failure of either party to exercise any of its rights under this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or any other rights provided hereunder.
(b) J C & P headquarters are in N.S.W, Australia Level 13/50 Carrington Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Legal issues arising out of, but not exclusive to the use of, this Site or any related sites (unless otherwise specifically stated) are governed by and in accordance with the laws of the State of N.S.W (exclusive of its rules regarding conflicts of laws). By using this Site, Users agree that any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the performance, breach or termination thereof, or the Site or any Microsite, shall be finally settled by arbitration in N.S.W.
(c) No J C & P employee or agent has the authority to vary any of the Terms & Conditions of this Agreement.
(d) Users agree and acknowledge that, in the event that there is a change in control in, merger with or sale of J C & P or its business to a third party, J C & P can disclose personal information or data collected from Users to the third party without giving any notice to Users. J C & P is also entitled to assign the benefits of any agreements it has with Users to the third party.
If you do not understand these Terms and Conditions or if you have any questions, including which Products are supplied by J C & P Australia, then please email Our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a representative will be happy to help you.